JOINING THE SBRGA:
Thank you for your interest in South Berwick Rod & Gun Association (SBRGA).
Persons desiring membership in the SBRGA may apply by submitting the membership application form (available later on this page) via the instructions that follow...
- Mail in your application form along with signed HHA(s) and correct dues at least 10 days prior to the monthly meeting. Be sure your email address is clear and correct. Potential members will be selected based on the postmark date, with those having a member sponsor receiving precedence over those without.
- Note: Payment should be made via a check made out to SBRGA.
- If you are selected, you will receive an email instructing you to attend the meeting. Attendance at the meeting is mandatory. The monthly meeting is held on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM in the main clubhouse. All applicants should arrive at 6:00 to confirm your attendance. Photos for ID cards will also be taken at this meeting.
- All memberships must be approved by the club and will be voted on during the meeting.
- New members are required to attend the Range Safety Orientation which takes place on the Saturday following the meeting, at 9 AM (arrive at 8:45 AM). If you do not attend the safety orientation, you will not receive your membership card. It is your responsibility to attend and complete the orientation at this time.
If you cannot attend both the meeting and the orientation, please do not apply until you can. Thank you for your cooperation.
The above instructions are presently the only way to apply to join the SBRGA - no Walk-Ins will be permitted on the night of the meeting.
SBRGA is a private, non-profit organization supported by membership dues and various club fund raisers. All maintenance of the club is by club member volunteers. As a member, we expect you to participate and do your fair share to help keep the club in top shape.
- Memberships are sold by the calendar year - see the current application form for complete details.
- $64 per year per person "regular" membership
- $96 per year "family" membership (includes 2 parents/guardians and their children under 18 years old. All persons under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or guardian member of the club.)
- Junior members... Regular members may pay $1 per year as an add-on for each child or grand-child under 18 that they would like to bring to the club. As with family memberships, all persons under 18 must be accompanied and supervised by the adult club member.
Senior Membership - When a member attains the age of sixty-five (65) and has paid the annual dues for 5 consecutive years prior to attaining the age of sixty-five (65), he/she becomes eligible for Senior membership. To retain the senior discount status, the member must complete the renewal form yearly and pay an annual maintenance fee of $1.00 during the renewal period. Note: fee is subject to change.
- New member application fee: $64.
- Note: Past members who have let their membership expire are subject to the new member application fee and procedure.
- Combination Gate Card/Photo ID fee: $10. Note: The same gate card can be used from year to year.
- Replacement Gate Card/Photo ID (for lost or damaged card): $20.
Example for new individual member: $64 for the application fee + $64 for the annual membership + $10 gate card fee. Total for the individual new member = $138.00 due with the application. Next year's renewal for this same member (at our current fee structure) would just be $64.
Details of all fees are on the membership application and renewal forms.
Reducing the annual dues
- Once you are a member, you may volunteer your time to the club which will reduce next year's membership fee. Hours worked up to 15 hours are eligible for a $2 per hour credit. If you put in over 100 hours in a calendar year, you will be offered a free membership renewal for the following year. Volunteering can be at our monthly maintenance work sessions, assisting with one of our fundraisers, or other events.
- Please note that cleaning up after your time at the range is an expected activity and does not qualify as volunteer time.
At the safety orientation, new members will receive copies of the club constitution and club bylaws. On completion of the orientation, new members will be issued their Photo ID/Gate card and given the combination to the locks which allow access to the pistol and rifle ranges.
2019 Membership Application Form
Please follow all instructions when submitting.
Note: This is a 3 page form including the Hold Harmless Agreement.
RENEWING YOUR SBRGA MEMBERSHIP:
Only valid 2018 members may renew using the 2019 Membership Renewal Form. All others must apply using the Membership Application Form.
2019 Membership Renewal Form
IMPORTANT: All members who have not yet signed one, must sign a copy of the Hold Harmless Agreement (HHA) and submit it with their renewal. Renewals will not be processed unless we have your signed HHA!
NO HHA = NO MEMBERSHIP
The SBRGA encourages members to maintain an active NRA membership. You can join or renew NRA membership through the club and save $10 on your membership. The club will also earn a commission on all new NRA memberships and renewals through the club recruiters. Please use this opportunity to join or renew your NRA membership by clicking here.